Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Have you tried to knit?

I started another Equinox bag today (the first one sold, yeah!). The great thing about knitting is that it is something you can do anywhere. I've knitted in the car on the way into town and on longer road trips to different states. I've knitted on my lunch at work or while waiting at the doctor's office. How many hobbies can you literally bring anywhere?

When you bring your hobby anywhere, you are bound to get comments. Most people say their mother or grandmother knitted. Some look at you like you are the strangest thing they've ever seen. Others tell you about how they'd love to take up knitting but can't for one reason or another. Well, you can. I am not a crafty person. I barely sew, pretty much just enough to get the basics taken care of. I can hem up pants, fix buttons, shorten curtains, make a pillow, and fix various stuffed animals but that is it. Knitting is different. Once you learn to cast on, knit, and bind off you are all set. There are tons of things you can make. Once you learn those, you can keep on going because you remember how easy it was to start!

I struggled for a bit, I'm not going to lie to you. I swore and grumbled. However, I'm a determined little girl. I stuck with it and within a week or so, I was hooked. Hope I can get other people to grab some needles and get hooked too!

P.S. If you are interested, just search for learn to knit. There are some great resources out there both written and video. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment