Saturday, November 6, 2010


Welcome to LittleDropOfSunshine!

Just a short introduction: We are two high school friends that are practically sisters. Mel works part time and has two little boys. She enjoys knitting bags and hats and anything else she can think of. She also loves doing mosaics and stained glass. If she’s not playing with the boys or crafting she’s reading volumes of books. I work full time and have one little boy. I enjoy being outside biking or hiking with my husband, son, and border collie but when the Michigan weather turns sour (as it often does), I retreat inside to knit, digital scrapbook, or catch up on my favorite TV shows like
Chuck, Bones, Smallville, and Fringe.

Our shop currently offers tote bags that have been knitted then felted. Felted wool has been machine washed and dried. This creates a tightly woven material that does not fray and is very strong. The transformation is quite impressive. I've added some before and after pictures of my first felted bag.

 

In the future, we hope to add other knitted products such as scarves, hats, purses, and whatever else ends up striking our fancy! Mel may strike out beyond knit products and introduce you to stain glass and mosaics, a new obsession she has began! 

Before:
After felting:

No comments:

Post a Comment