Sunday, November 7, 2010

How we got started...

UWKX63382XUR
 
So how did we get into this? 


One day in July, Mel called me and asked if I would be interested in taking a knitting class. I was hesitant. I’m not a crafty person. But since I had nothing better to do, I said what the heck! We took it with Mel’s mother and had a ball. We signed up for a class at our local yarn shop. Our first project was a felted bag. I was shocked to find knitting fun and challenging though I did a lot of swearing in the beginning.


After finishing our bags, we received many compliments and suggestions that we should sell them. With encouragement from friends and family, we decided to go for it and Etsy seemed the best way to go! We slowly started working out the details of a shop and how we were going to go about it all. Etsy’s Seller handbook was very helpful in answering our questions and helping us feel at ease. The next part was the fun part: making bags. Almost immediately, we began making custom bags for friends and family. Our family and friends have been the inspiration for many of the bags we’ve made. In fact, many bags are named for them. We will feature them in future posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment